To read this blog in order start at July right at the top of the blog archive and progress down in order. This is an account of my battle with anorexia and bulimia

Wednesday 3 August 2011

weird relationship

Before going to Tamworth I met this guy named Glen. We had actually met before through my friend Donna from church, but never really talked. We got talking on the train one day and I thought it’d be great to get to know him. The day after this he actually rang me up and ended up coming to the house while I babysat Charles and Lana’s children. We stayed up til all hours of the night talking about everything, then eventually falling asleep. I left for home the next day, and Glen saw me off at the train station. Surprisingly I quite missed him while I was home and I was so flattered when he rang me often.
Mim and James came back down to Lawson with me and stayed the weekend. The first night there I went back to Glen’s for a short while, and this is when I found out about his pot smoking. He offered some to me but there was no way I was even going to attempt it. Later on we walked back to Charles and Lana’s and then I told Mim about his drug use. She asked if I used any and I told her no, because I didn’t. It didn’t help that night that I became quite sick with the vomiting bug. Mim had it in the back of her mind that I had tried the drugs and that’s what made me sick. It saddened me that she’d assume that, and the main reason she believed me that I didn’t was because she got sick the next day.
GLEN and my relationship only lasted for such a short time. He was different to most normal people and I think I just sought affection from him and the fact that someone was actually interested in me. He had deep problems, which there was no way possible I could understand. He sometimes came along to church but would always question to the point of insanity whatever was being said. The more I got to know him the more superior I felt to him and realised it wasn’t the kind of relationship I needed. One day he made me read a chapter of a book he was reading about demon possession and he swore he was possessed. It was then that I decided being a new Christian myself that these were issues I shouldn’t have to get tangled into. The fact that he was serious too did scare me to a point. Glen challenged me on my lifestyle sometimes too which I found odd. Mim and James had actually nick named him “yowie man” because of the way he looked and the way he was. He couldn’t understand why I would have the desire to shower everyday, or even why I wear deodorant. He once asked if I would be willing to not shower, wash my hair, shave or wear deodorant, and just see how natural I would feel. The idea absolutely repulsed me and there was no way I would comply to his request. We didn’t end up staying together for any more than probably 2 months. It was an interesting time but not one that I would have wished to continue. I can’t even say he was a good kisser actually, so I didn’t miss much after we ended it.

No comments:

Post a Comment